Saturday, August 15, 2009

2 visitations in 1 week

Monday night we went to Britney Barzee's visitation. There were a ton of people there and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get through the line to pay our respects. I wasn't sure if I was going to go or not because I didn't actually know Britney very well (she was 8 years younger than me) but her sister Jessica and I were pretty good friends and we all grew up together in the Blue Springs II ward. Britney was diagnosed in December with stage IVb cervical cancer, a rare and aggressive type. It just made me sad because I'm not for sure, but I think it's the same thing Josh's mom, Jeannie, has. Luckily Jeannie has been doing pretty well on treatments and her cancer was caught earlier in stage IIIb. Plus I don't think Britney did a full hysterectomy which might have helped the spread...but I don't know if it's already IVb it might have just been too late.

Friday night we went to Josh's uncles visitation, Uncle Walt. He'd been sick for a little while now. I've been in the family long enough to know him, but the last year or so we hadn't seen him. Josh thinks the last time he saw him was at Jack's funeral. He didn't look the same in the open casket as I remembered him and that was sad. Britney didn't look like herself either, I guess both had had medical problems and things that made them weaker and more fail before they passed.

I'm always grateful for the knowledge the church has given me that we will be able to see these people and all of our family and friends again. They truly are in a better place and won't have to hurt or go through anymore medical problems.

Josh's Great Uncle Howard is currently at home with hospice. They found a brain tumor but when they went to remove it a week ago they couldn't get it all and found it was malignant :o(
Howard & Barney were the Uncle's that got a condo in Florida every February and played golf all month. We went and stayed with them when Tamela got married at Disney World in Feb. 2007. Luke was 14 months old at the time. Barney passed away last year. Howard is Grandpa Gillette's only living brother left. :o( So pray for him please. He's had some improvements from what we've heard, he's come around and been able to say a few things (he hadn't been speaking at all). We haven't gone to see him because we'd heard he didn't want visitors, but he's in our thoughts and prayers.

It's just been a sad couple of weeks for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment