Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Overwhelmed - in short supply of patience!

Well it's only been 2 days since Josh has gotten home and I'd have to say that it's a little bit overwhelming. We cleaned the house really good expecting to not be able to do it as often and it's a mess in only 2 days...I guess we didn't realize how much the kids destroy!

I'm also tired, and in short supply of patience, so that's a daily prayer of mine. Luke is jumping off the walls most of the time and last night he woke up at 1:30am and wouldn't go back to bed. Josh I think has way less patience than I've acquired over the last couple of years staying home and he had about enough today with Luke climbing his walker and Dani just complaining every time her brother looked at her wrong. He asked me what the heck was wrong with the kids and I told him this is pretty normal. He then asked why I wasn't begging to go back to work! LOL

Today was a little rough, I had morning sickness hit me I think because I had to get up with Luke and I was pretty tried. So I did have to lock myself in the bedroom for about half an hour and get over being sick so I could function....meanwhile praying the kids could take care of themselves because I knew Josh would fall asleep on the couch! I know he's on medicine and I know it makes him sleepy (combined with lack of sleep with Luke) but it's a little frustrating when I'm trying to talk to him (in a conversation he initiated btw) and his eyes are rolling in the back of his head.

Thankfully the church has set up meals for a week and tonight Lisa Creek is bringing us dinner. She's also offered to watch the kids all day for 5 days over the next month, which will be quite helpful with Dr's appointments. I also hope my mom will take the kids either on Fridays or Saturdays for the next month...but we'll see if she agrees to that or not. I hope she sees that it's an emergency kind of thing, and not as though we're taking advantage of her.

OK...well that's it for now. Lisa just dropped off dinner yeah...smells good and it's warm so I'm going to have a bowl :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment