Sunday, June 7, 2009

THANKS!

Thank you to everyone who attended or donated for my Mother-In-Law's benefit dinner. We were able to raise $5,211.00 WOOHOO! I am so grateful for wonderful friends and family. I know that Jeannie will make it though this and we will be a closer family because of it.

I bid on a few things and wanted to tell you about them.

The first thing was a mural from a friend of mine Gina Wheeler. I was so excited when she decided to donate it and I was bound and determined to win it! LOL...I had a bit of a bidding war, but I ended up winning it...yea! I am excited to finally get Luke & Dani's room professional done...I'll post pictures when it's finished.

Josh bid on a meat and cheese tray! LOL...what he needs a $45 meat and cheese tray for I don't know...we're still trying to figure out what to do with it because we need to call the grocery store a day in advance and then pick it up in RICH HILL! It's a hour and a half away from where we live...so we really really want to have meat and cheese when we order that.

Another thing I was super excited to bid on and win were 2 dolls made by Veda Hess, that's Jeannie's mom. She passed away when Josh was on his mission. I have seen and heard stories about these dolls so when I saw them there I was super excited. I will always treasure them and be able to pass them along to Dani and any other girls I have. I am very sentimental when it comes to things that family members have made, it's our heritage and needs to be passed down.

I also bid on a $100 gift certificate for a make up application from a good friend of mine up here, Amanda Plattner. I wasn't going to because honestly I don't know when I will use it, but it wasn't being bid up as much as I would have liked...so I bid it up...and won it! LOL... now I guess I'll have to figure out when I'm going to do that.

I did win the lighthouse Scentsy warmer, which will go along with my nautical bathroom so that was pretty cool too. Shawn Harwood donated that.

Overall I'm so grateful for my wonderful friends that donated items, or their time and talents. It's tough times like these that make it all the more apparent. It's easy to give when you have plenty and harder when things are tough. I know our family has tightened our pocket strings and buckled down, it would have been easy to keep the money we brought and made our next couple of days waiting for Josh's check a bit easier, but we love Jeannie and want to help in any way we can. We can live on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a while, but the blessing of last night's event will warm our hearts for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy that it wasa success!! Hope you enjoy the Scentsy warmer ;)

    ReplyDelete